Varazze, located in the center of the Ligurian Gulf, is the first stage of the Palm Riviera, where summer and winter, you can enjoy the blue water reflecting the green woods and Mediterranean maquis, the long and warm colored beach with the bright colors of the houses of the suburbs of the city.
Choose Varazze as a destination of your holiday means living in close contact during all seasons year round, with the sea, the nature and the climate, typical of the riviera coast, not forgetting the traces of history and art of the people of Liguria.
The sea can be enjoyed during summer and winterin Varazze. At sunrise and sunset the views from the shore of the sea, the views of the coastal arch, from Capo Noli to the promontory of Portofino, are really lovely. In summand you can enjoy trips by boat departing from the little port of Marina di Varazze to admire the Paradise Gulf, the bay of San Fruttuoso, with stops in Portofino, Cinque Terre and Portovenere. There are also organized whale watching trips: our sea is part of the Whale Sanctuary. Varazze is also regarded as the capital of Italian surfing and is universallyrecognized as one of the best 3 waves of the Mediterranean. The rocky bottom of the pier next to the stream Teiro gives, in fact, with southerly storms, quality breakers.
This seaside city does not count only on the tourist attractions along the coast, but features an interior of considerable interest to discover like the flora, fauna, art and history. A few steps away from the beaches of Varazze lies the massif of Mount Beigua, geological border between the Alps and the Apennines, with vast plateaus, all above one thousand meters. The Regional Beigua Park is a place of great botanical and geological interest and is also characterized by a legacy of historical and cultural evidence that tell of the evolution of human settlements and the important trade routes between the coast and the Po Valley. In the district there is a dense network of footpaths that develops for about 500 km and makes it one of the best areas for hiking, horseback riding or mountain biking
- Surfing- The "pier surfing" is located at the mouth of the river Teiro
- Marina - The Marina di Varazze is located on the outskirts, southeast of Varazze - www.marinadivarazze.it
- Sailing - the "Varazze Club Nautico" is located in the Marina di Varazze and the naval base is located on the sandy shore to the east of the pier - www.varazzeclubnautico.it
- Boat tours - Departing from the port, from June to September, trips to S. Fruttuoso, Portofino, Cinque Terre and Portovenere. Watching the fireworks from the sea in August. There are also whale watching tours available with the guide of a marine biologist - www.whalewatchliguria.it
- Fishing - The "Mad Fish" offers day trips to explore the ancient trade of fishing - www.ilpescepazzo.com
- Paragliding - Approach to paragliding in Monte Beigua (including material use, and shuttle bus). Basic course, radio assisted flights, tandem, tandem parachute jumps, Paramotor tandem - www.albatrospara.it
- Rock climbing - In the immediate hinterland of Varazze, in Alpicella, there is a rock structure high about 100 meters tall that has been used to track and nail 55 routes - For information and contacts: 335 6444452 (Renato)
- Tennis - Day and evening classes in clay courts- For info: A.S. Tie Break - Tel 019 95493; Tennis Club S. Giacomo - Tel: 338 5353335;